The 2014-2018 Centenary of the First World War will be marked worldwide.
About the Partnership
The First World War Centenary Partnership is a network of over 1,400 local, regional, national and international cultural and educational organisations led by IWM (Imperial War Museums).
Together, we will present a vibrant global Programme of cultural events and activities, and digital platforms which will enable millions of people across the world to discover more about life in the First World War.
Being a member of the Partnership gives each one of us a stronger collective voice, visibility through the First World War Centenary brand and website, access to a wealth of expertise and resources and the opportunity to promote our events through a centenary calendar on 1914.org.
Join the Partnership
The Centenary Partnership Extranet is an exclusive site offering to its member organisations:
- Access to the specially created Centenary logo, for use on member-organisations’ own projects and resources alongside their own logos
- 100 free Centenary digital assets from IWM collections
- Specially curated First World War timelines
- Useful guides on Collections, Learning and Communications
- Opportunity to network and share expertise
We welcome non-commercial organisations with an interest in and aspirations for Centenary activity, including museums, archives, libraries, special interest groups, universities, colleges, schools and community groups.
The Partnership is not currently open to broadcasters, publishers, tour guide organisations, freelance individuals (e.g. artists, historians) or commercial companies but these groups can still get involved in the following ways:
- Broadcast organisations should direct their First World War Centenary enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publishers should contact email@example.com
- Tour operators interested in IWM’s programme for the centenary should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freelance individuals who are working on a project with a non-commercial organisation can sign up to the Partnership Programme if the organisation is happy to be affiliated with the individual
Anyone who is interested in the anniversary is encouraged to stay tuned to 1914.org for further First World War Centenary news and resources.
How do I join?
To sign up to the First World War Centenary Partnership and Extranet please fill in the ‘New Centenary Members’ form below. Once you have completed the form, you will receive an e-mail confirming your registration.