WomensWork100: take partTake part in WomensWork100 throughout Spring 2018
You can get involved and be part of the #WomensWork100 programme by sharing online and on social media stories showcasing the working lives of women since 1917, and by attending WomensWork100 events near you.
When is it?
The #WomensWork100 campaign launches on 6 February 2018, coinciding with the centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918, which enabled all men and some women over the age of 30 to vote for the first time. The programme will conclude on 11 March 2018, the week of International Women’s Day celebrations on 8 March.
Over the course of the #WomensWork100 programme, we will be focussing on five themes:
- Women in Public Life (6 February – 11 February 2018)
- Women in Nursing & Medicine (12 February – 18 February 2018)
- Women in Industry (19 February – 25 February 2018)
- Women in Uniformed Service (26 February – 4 March 2018)
- Women on International Home Fronts (5 March – 8 March 2018)
We will also be celebrating stories and objects from the home nations on specific days:
- Scotland Day – 13 February 2018
- Wales Day – 1 March 2018
- Ireland Day – 5 March 2018
How can I get involved?
- Upload your stories and images with the hashtag #WomensWork100 to join the commemorations. Be sure to include the theme you are responding to in your description and maybe even why you chose that particular image or story.
- Follow us on social media and view the #WomensWork100 hashtag to see what others are posting and get inspired! We will be sharing a story of the day every day in February
First World War Centenary Partnership